Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 15

My genre.  Sort of back to thinking and planning my novel but not really. 

I'm reading this one for review right now that is a Paranormal/Modern Romance.  Which is really nice after the year I just had of doing Historical Romance and Jane Austen sequels.
Dealing with ghosts, witches, vampires and werewolves ontop of the fact that this set of books has no "language restrictions" {they can say f*ck instead of the cheesy making love  that most romance novels are bound to rule wise} is just comfortable.  

This is how I write my own stuff. 

My own writing falls into those two classifications,  Paranormal Romance  and Modern Romance.   There was a time I used to write Horror, but the older I got, the more I've mellowed.

Last summer, on my main blog, I wrote a short about a vampire chef.  No I will not ever stop talking about that cause it got me noticed.  I dedicated it to my favourite wrestler, and the company he works for saw it, picked a few lines from it and turned it into a skit for one of the other wrestlers.  I'm still, 8 months later, giddy about that. 

Two years ago, I had gotten word about an online eBook company that was looking for erotic stories.  I decided to write something for their October releases.  It was an erotic werewolf story.  Which they turned down. I was upset over that whole thing because I followed their guidelines to the letter and I only had 3 days to meet their deadline.   But I guess because I wasn't in love with the characters I was creating, wasn't inlove with the story,  it came through. 
Erotica is not my genre. I was less then comfortable writing the story, but it was a good exercise because I had to step out of my comfort zone. 
The story, ended up being "published" online a few months later by a former "business partner"{big part of last year's drama} on a website.  The few people who actually read it, said there was too much sex in it. While, the original eBook publishers turned it down for the lack of sex in it. 
Go figure.
This short has been on my mind the last few days since getting the stack of Paranormal Romances for review, and I'm wondering if I should pull it out of my files and re-work it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment