Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

I was able to get out today.  Went to my mom's to watch wrestling from this past Friday that she had taped for me.
I had the place to myself as she ended up going for Brunch with my Aunt and Uncle and the kids.
For the first time in months, I did a short wrestling review.  I'm seriously wondering if I should get back into that. 
Since I stopped, I've seen more then a few fans online suddenly doing wrestling commentary and recaps.  All video stuff.  Mine is a blog.  The few videos I have done, were reviews of wrestling dvds. 

I know I said I wasn't going to get back into it. It was a big chunk of what caused the drama the last year. And I had driven myself insane doing the reviews, spending around 20 hours a week on them.
I'm not completely sure I want to go back to that. 
I'm not completely sure I don't want to go back to that either.   I guess I'll just sort of hang out on that one and see where it flies.

I noticed something today for the first time.  The last ten books I've done for review have all been British authors.  I seriously don't know how that sneaked past me.  The main publishing company I review for are doing re-releases. Books that have been out in Europe for the last couple of years but only now being released in Canada/America. 
I think I failed to notice before today because I do reviews for 5 publishers and have even done a few for authors who have self published.  It gets confusing after awhile.

Tomorrow in Canada it's Family Day.  Most things will be closed.   I have to find a way to get to the post office on Tuesday as I have a book or books, not sure how many,  waiting for me that I won.  It might be something I can use for book club.  You would think that picking a title for book club would be easy, given I've decided to do one book every two months, but no it's not. 
Since I read so many fiction books for review, I like to pick non-fiction for book club.

If the book or books that I've won end up being fiction, then I am going to try to get my hands on a copy of the book "Committed"  by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I loved Eat Pray Love  when I read it last spring. I think that would make a good selection.  If not for April then for June.   My sister read it few months ago and said she loved it. Meanwhile, she hated EPL so go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment