Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 39

Last night, I had a 2 hour plus conversation with my buddy M.
I was trying to help him sort out a situation and ended up just getting tangled up in my own.

Part of the issue is that his biggest passion sometimes gets in the way of things.  I envy him on this. 

This is the key reason I keep coming back to the movie Julie/Julia  because I keep hoping to find my real passion. I keep thinking that it's going to spark something I didn't notice before.  So far, it hasn't.

My buddy M. feels like he's at the tip of a life crisis, but I don't see it that way.  Granted, I'm not living his life.  But just the fact he knows what his biggest passion is, he has dedicated the last fifteen years to his passion, I think he's right on track.

So here I am today, watching the snow blowing around outside my window, listening to the traffic and the neighbours across the hall, I'm curled up in my bedroom just thinking.  Wondering why it is that we can always see so clearly our friends situations, but are always clueless on our owns?

No comments:

Post a Comment