Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 77

Sunday morning.
Was just checking my blogs, and you know what the numbers don't add up.  I know that I am not the only one in the blogsurface-area that wonders why my hits counter is steady but my comments are zero.

In the book Julie/Julia,  Julie Powell called her blog readers her bleeders in one instance. Short for blog readers.
About a year ago, I started calling my blog readers Spudguns/TNA Spudguns.   I got asked a few times why?  
Some people know I'm a big fan of the British show  Bottom.  There is a character on there played by Steven O'Donnell called   Spudgun (actually I think they spelled it Spud-Gun in the credits?) who would show up mid episode usually after a commercial break and ask a question, which was reason for the main characters to go over the episode's plot to catch viewers up.   I had been watching a few episodes back to back one day before hitting my old blog and when typing up my post, threw in a question mid-way, and then answered it by calling the reader Spudgun.
As far as putting TNA in front of it, that was directed to a few wrestling readers.

What's got me going on with this at 8:30am on a Sunday morning is, I've noticed I'm not the only one out there who has pet names for their blog readers.  Mind you most people have something that makes more sense that does not need such a long explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment