Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 169

The movie de jour is up.  Day 23

So today is a Sunday.  It doesn't feel like a Sunday.  Doesn't feel much like anything really. But the looks of the day outside, it doesn't even look like day. 

Picked up my copy of Julie and Julia -the book- and started to re-read it last night.  You can tell a book has been hanging around for awhile, it's got that dusty smell to it. Even when there isn't actual dust in it. I first read it back in 2009 when I found out the movie was coming out and that it was based on a book.  I spent about three days before the movie came out at the cinema reading. 

I was bored last night, feeling down a bit and decided that I wanted to make a rice and broccoli casserole.  So I made the rice and went to get the broccoli which was frozen... or so I thought.  Instead of a bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer, there was a bag of asparagus.  That wasn't going to work for the dish nor the time I had.  So the rice got a few large handfuls of cheese instead. 

and this is why you should not cook when you're not up to par.  Because the dish will reflect your mood and my mood last night was blah.   The rice just didn't come out right and the cheese didn't melt proper and it just ... mess to say the lest. 

That's why you'll always hear chefs say you have to put your love into a dish.  Have to cook from the soul, from the heart.  Cause if you don't, it's just going to be a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment