Sunday, January 8, 2012

183 B

I'm bit loopy this morning. 

Best sellers are always an interesting bet for book clubs.  More so when they are being turned into a movie.  So, I decided to pick next month's book club selection because of those two reasons.

Book club linkage

The whole subgenre of the MonsterLit has become a phenomenon even I didn't see coming.  I thought that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies  which is what sort of really caught the genre going, would cater to a small amount of people and then that would be about it.
I had no idea this would become the massive stroke of genius it has in the last two years.  Oh my god man!
And to be honest,  up to this point the books I've read in the genre - Emma and the Vampires, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Jane Slayre, Mr. Darcy Vampyre ,  I haven't much cared for.   But I'm staying optimistic with the latest couple I just ordered - Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter  and Queen Victoria Demon Hunter -
I've actually now got my eye on Little Vampire Women. I might order that if these are any good. 

But in all fairness, it's the fact ALVH is being released this summer in movie form that really got me going today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment