Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 177

The movie de jour is up. Day 31

For those who have seen the movie Julie/Julia,  remember the scene when she's on the telephone to her mother and tells her it's not important that she could stop blogging,  it's in the near beginning of the film.
I had one of those conversations with my mother the other night that upset me.  She said the movie project wasn't important and I that I should just quit.   Well, to her it's not important because I'm the one doing it.  I told her it was important to me and that I just started and there was no way I was going to stop.
That phone call though it made me feel like shit, which is my mother's specialty.  I've never understood what it is about my mother or her sister or my sister that causes them to  be like that.

And the lesson here is... I really have to stop talking to my mother. 
And to believe more in my own instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment