Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 181

The movie de jour is up.  Day 35

I've been talking on my main blog and I think on this one, for awhile now about doing sewing projects.  I was originally going to try a dress but that didn't pan out.   My other project is a quilt. 
My mistake on that was trying to get my mother's help on it.  Which ended in nothing but her hissing at me about not cutting the material.  

How can you make a quilt if you do not cut the squares??????

So, being the book person I am,  I decided to get myself a book on quilting.   Quilting for Dummies.   Yes, a "for dummies" book.

It arrived yesterday and all I can say is this could take me all year.  I had no idea there were so many tools involved with it.   Shaped rulers, cutting wheels, steam machines, wooden frames, stencils, with a totally different approach if you're doing it by hand then if you are with a sewing machine {I'm doing it by hand as no one I know has a machine}

Scratch that, this could take me well into 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment