Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 283

Back in 2006, I had been in a brutal car accident.  I spent a few months in hospital because of it.  While I was there, one of my roommates had been recovering from surgery to both her legs. And one night, she said to me that I was killing her happiness. 
I didn't get it at the time.  Now, I do.

Positive thinking. It's one of the best healing tools we have.
The past week and a half, I've had more progress with my knee... as in a faster progress. Which if you've been reading this blog with any regularity you would know the first two months of this injury were hell. Slow, painful and just a total emotional wrecking  ball.

The last week and a half, something's shifted. 
Emotionally I mean.   I was in a great mood just a half hour ago, listening to some Alice Cooper online feeling normal for the first time since all this happened.    Then this round of deep sighs came from my mother across the kitchen table.  Like the whole world was evil, and it disrupted my good mood for a few minutes.
But only for a few minutes, cause once I realized that her bad mood was rippling out, I just ignored her.

We don't always think about how we are affecting others with our actions and words or even our emotions.  
I know, I've touched on this topic - the idea of vibrations - before on other spots on the internet; but today I'm really seeing the proof.

Its like when you set a goal for yourself and can picture it crystal clear in your mind, you feel like you've already reached it even when you still have only made a few small steps towards it.  Still, you find yourself reaching your goal smoothly and quickly.
Call it what you will, positive thinking, or manifestation, or the rules of attraction or whatever.  Just know that what you put out will ripple into the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment