Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 315

I've been a writer for as long as I can remember being able to hold a pencil.
The last 4 years have had so many ups and downs in that area of my life, that I have totally almost  given up on ever having my novels published.  
I recently, came across an old copy of an indie magazine from 1995, that I had some poems published in.   It had been something I'd been extremely proud of back when it had happened.  I never got paid for them, but at that point, it didn't matter.  All that mattered was that a few hundred people scattered around the planet were able to read my stuff.

This of course was before the internet became what it became.  Before blogs and everything else.

I remember the first blog I ever did.  I was on top of the world. My first blog post took me nearly three days to write and was this heavy rant about something I'd read on an online magazine.  I was so proud of myself.
That first blog no longer exists because that blogging host no longer exists.  In turn, my very first post ever does not exist anymore.

Sort of sad when you think about it.

I was just looking at another website of mine from 2007.   Looking at a page on there that was dedicated to a character I had written few years before.  I've mentioned a few times online that I'm considering re-writing the project that centers around that character. 
The big question I have for myself, is can I do so and still capture the spirit of the character nearly a decade later and still have her relevant ?

No comments:

Post a Comment