Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 114


I can honestly say, Candace Bushnell and Jane Austen, are the only two authors who's works I have all of.

I went out on Friday night and got myself the next book in the SATC series - Summer in the City-  And it was ten times better then The Carrie Diaries.  And I loved the Carrie Diaries even though it had made me doubt myself on a ton of levels.  This one, does the opposite.  It reinforces certain aspects of being a writer.


The two volumes combine, put me in mind of Jane Austen's Northanger Abby and Mansfield Park.  It's about trust.  Trusting yourself and trusting those closest to you.  You're most intimate connections. (sexually and otherwise)

And of course, the clothes.   If you have never read Jane Austen, trust me, for something that is over 200 years old, the issues of finding love, sex, and fashion was as important then as now.

No comments:

Post a Comment