Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 133

With this week having been the release of two vampire films, one on dvd the other in cinemas, I've spent a fair bit of time working on my vampire blog.   Which, I'm sure after next week will be a quiet place again for who knows how long.

With that said, I decided to turn going to the movie - I went to see the remake of Fright Night- alone, into a "date".
I go to the movies by myself all the time, so there is nothing radical about that part.  But I never bother to get pretty.   I normally just roll out of bed catch the first bus and slump into the cinema, hiding in the dark.

Yesterday, I decided to make an event of it.  That included doing my nails - new colour called Grey's Anatomy-  hair and make-up -black shadow, a light pink and a silver which mimicked the nail colour-, picking out an outfit - this great grey-lavander wrinkle top from Smart Set- and making sure my iPod was fired up with tunes from past vampire soundtracks.  Anything that made me feel powerful, sexy and just upbeat.

There was a time when I used to spend hours every day getting ready to go out.  And I do mean hours.  Not anymore.   If it takes me more then five minutes to do my hair and make-up, I just don't bother.

The movie was fabulous and even though because of the heat, I ended having to change my top for a planer tee,  I still felt sexy.  

Yes I screwed up on the day. The link says 134 but I spotted my mistake and changed the title to 133

No comments:

Post a Comment