Monday, March 12, 2012

day 237

The movie de jour is up. Day 97

Why is it the older you get the harder it is to make friends?  I'm talking real friends, not just acquaintances, but real friends? 
At lest it's increasingly harder for me.  I don't think I've made any real friends in about ten years.  Just sort of gathered a few groups of people here and there.
I have one friend left in my life that I went to high school with and even that friendship seems to be dwindling. 20 years this year actually and it's starting to feel like we've maybe out grown each other.

Is it because as we get older we either get totally set in our ways and stubborn or is it because  we find ourselves freer to say and do what we really want which unnerves some people?
Whatever the reason, I find myself feeling like I'm back in kindergarten on the first day trying to make one friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment