Sunday, November 25, 2012

Season 2 Day 32

There is a tarot site I like to read every so often.  This week, the discussion was about the Three of Swords.
A card about pain and heartbreak but also about brutal truth.

Ironically, my card.  It was the very first card I ever pulled in the first reading I ever had.  The sight of the card, no matter what deck, always leaves the person with a sigh of loathing.
As I was reading the article, it got me thinking about some stuff.

One of those is the fact it has been a silent card the last few months.  But the Two of Swords has been popping up like weeds in the last few months.

The Two of Swords is a card of silent conflict, of disbelief and of being afraid to make a choice. Staying in a situation that is unhealthy because you're too afraid to do anything else.

That card has been everywhere this year. And given my situation, it all makes sense now.  But it took reading about the dreaded Three of Swords for me to make the connection that's been staring me in the face all year.

I'm starting to think that the knee injury was the transition from the two to the three. In real English, whenever I've had a broken leg in my past, it's ended up being a time in my life where I've ended up having a massive life change.  Usually because I was doing something I wasn't suppose to be doing even though I secretly knew better.  And I would end up with a broken leg and have to literally sit still and rethink everything in my life, eventually doing something completely different after recovery.

See, now it's making some sense.

I have been feeling like I'm stuck in some limbo for the last few years, for different reasons.  The writer's block  -I thought was the result- now I'm starting to think it was just a warning sign.

It's what makes working with Tarots such an interesting thing.  Just like every deck's design is different because every illustrator is different, it's going to give you just what you need just when you need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment