Tuesday, September 18, 2012

356 B

You might remember I mentioned like two weeks ago, that I was reading an autobiography called The Ramen King and I, How the Inventor of Instant Noodles Fixed My Love Life  by Andy Raskin.

Well, I finished it before I went to physio this morning. 

First off, I had heard about the book on GetGlue, and the few reviews and comments people had written of it were very negative.  But I've never let that stop me before.  I am one of those people who believes that everything happens for a reason when it does and to whom it does.
There was a reason I was meant to learn about this book now.

I just haven't really figured out what that is yet.

You follow the life of the author as he goes through a form of rehab, and takes the risks in his personal and career lives that he's been afraid to until that point, all the while trying to gain a meeting with Mr. Ando. 

What I learned from this book, is that you can't look at what you have failed to accomplish, but what you have managed to accomplish. You just have to recognize that failures are the baby steps to the success, the learning and realizing that if you didn't have the guts to at lest try then you truly failed. And that sometimes no matter how much you pray/plan/or beg, you might not get what you want but be led to what you need.
Which is pretty much what my physio therapist has been drilling into my mind about my knee for the last 6 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment