Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 343

Ever get the feeling you're falling to "keep up"?
As in, you see what everyone else has and you feel like you should be having the same.

I have to admit, I feel that way when I'm viewing other scrapbooking blogs.  When I see the finished projects that all those other scrappers have done, I start feeling like I failed at the hobby because my projects never look that good.
Same thing with my cooking.  When I first started to get back into cooking few years ago, and started to read other cooking blogs, I was always starstruck by how beautiful, and easy their dishes were.
Mine never came out like theirs.   In fact, 8 out 10 times, my dishes were disasters.

It gets intimidating to say the lest.

I was just on one of the scrapbooking sites, to see what some of the new products are for Fall/Halloween,  and when I spotted some of the latest projects from the members on the site, I just felt so deflated.
They are just so good.  I have to wonder where most of them find the time to work on their projects?  These are people- mostly married working moms- who crank out twenty or more projects a week like they were just making tea.
Very detailed projects that use seven or eight techniques and themes per project.

There was a time in my life, about 20 years ago, when none of this would have even hit my radar.  I have no idea why as I get older stuff like this has started to pick at me?


No comments:

Post a Comment