Monday, October 1, 2012

Season 2 Day 3

I'm late in the afternoon today, for all of you who like to read me in the morning.
I spent my morning before going to physio, on GetGlue chatting with a few people and trying to earn a Dark Shadows sticker, which I still have not managed to crack.

Anyways, I said I was going to recap the ABC line up from last night.

Once Upon A Time.... the second season opened with a parallel story.  Not the typical way season one handled it either, with each character in modern world and their back story in fairy tale land; but with the modern world learning that they are from fairy tale world and with a current story in fairy tale world about Sleeping Beauty.
They introduced a vampire like creature, that seemed too much like the death eaters or whatever they were on Harry Potter movies.  One of which was after the Queen.  She sent it off to the abyss but not before it dragged Emma and Snow White with it. 
They ended up in modern fairy tale world with Sleeping Beauty.
The actual opening scene of the show introduced one more new character, in modern world, who I am guessing is Rumpelstilskin's son who was sent to "earth" by beanstalk in an episode from season one.  All we were given in that opening scene was a man in modern world who got a postcard from Storybrooke by pigeon.

666 Park Avenue... A young couple move into an old building and start to discover strange things happening.  Everyone who lives there for starters, are uber successful in their field. Like impossibly successful.  The guy who owns the building, is sort of the devil and forces another tenant to kill for him. 
The couple are both working their way up the ladder of their chosen fields, the woman is working on the historical aspect of the building and is sort of the manager of the building.  The building is called the Drake, named after the dragon painting she finds in the basement. Soon, she's having nightmares about ghosts and in her research discovers that a cult used to use the basement for rituals back in the 1940's.
This reminds me so much of the movie Devil's Advocate  (which was based on a novel)  and I was surprised in learning that 666 Park Avenue is based on a novel.

I know I said I would recap Revenge as well, but I didn't get to see it. 

Okay, that's today's post.  Stay Sane

No comments:

Post a Comment